The AIA Long Beach/South Bay’s Biennial Architectural Photography Competition is open to all AIA members and the general public with the goal of inspiring an appreciation of the built environment and the value of design.
New to the 2020 competition: Categories + a Jury of Esteemed Photographers
OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS TO JUNE 30
A cash prize of $100 will be awarded to the entrant of each of the winning photos in the Exterior Category and the Interior Category as determined by the Jury. A cash prize of $100 will also be awarded to the entrant of the winning photo in the People’s Choice Category.
The winning photos will be printed, mounted and displayed at C Gallery on Broadway.
CONDITION OF ENTRY
- Photos must be submitted under the Exterior Category or the Interior Category
- All photos submitted will automatically be considered for the People’s Choice Award
- 5 MB max file size*
- Only photos of the built environment will be considered**
- Photographic interpretation will be judged by the Jury, not the architecture
- Photos must be taken and owned by the entrant
- Entrants grant reproduction rights and permissions to AIA Long Beach/South Bay to use any and all photos submitted for marketing and promotional purposes in relation to this and future Architectural Photography Competitions
- $15 per photo – AIA Members and Students
- $25 per photo – All Other Entrants
*Winners must provide a high-resolution copy acceptable for printing.
**AIA LBSB Architectural Photography Committee reserves the right to eliminate photos from the contest deemed inappropriate or whose subject matter is not in the spirit of the Architectural Photography Competition. No refunds.