Firm Name: County of Santa Barbara
Firm Website: www.sbcountyjobs.com
Job Location: Santa Barbara
Salary Range: $91,885.46 – $110,734.24
Job Description: The County of Santa Barbara Planning & Development Department is currently accepting applications to fill one full-time vacancy in Santa Barbara or Santa Maria.
Under general direction, directs and coordinates building engineering inspection activities in an assigned community or in a specific inspection program; trains and supervises inspection and office support staff in the enforcement of state and local building codes and regulations; and performs related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Supervises a regional office or a specific inspection program of the Planning and Development department; assigns and reviews the work of plan checkers, office support staff, and inspectors.
- Evaluates staff work performance in completing assigned tasks. Develops measurable goals and objectives to assist staff in improving job performance.
- Coordinates work with inspection specialists; advises and instructs inspectors in code interpretations; reviews unusual or difficult inspection problems.
- Supervises studies and reviews building and grading plans to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations, method, and schedule of inspections; plan checks and makes field inspections.
- Mediates and resolves conflicts concerning code interpretation with builders; investigates complaints; recommends policy and procedural changes.
- Prepares reports; supervises the collection of fees; maintains permit records.
- Five years of public agency building engineering and/or grading inspection experience, including experience with complex commercial projects AND lead work or supervisory experience; OR,
- Two years of experience performing duties equivalent to the class of Building Engineering Inspector III or Grading Inspector, Senior with Santa Barbara County, including experience with complex commercial projects AND lead work or supervisory experience; OR,
- One year of experience performing duties equivalent to the class of Building Engineering Inspector Specialist with Santa Barbara County, including experience with complex commercial projects AND lead work or supervisory experience; OR,
- A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to one of the employment standards listed above and that provides the required knowledge, abilities, and certification.
To apply and for more information about the position, visit www.sbcountyjobs.com