- This event has passed.
Code Breaker: Multifamily All Electric
July 27 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Hosted by AIA Los Angeles
(This program is a repeat of the AIA LBSB Codebreaker program presented on May 24, 2022)
The 2022 Energy Code has introduced significant changes for multifamily occupancies, from how these occupancies are to be classified and organized within the code to the introduction of new Mandatory and Prescriptive measures facilitating preparation for future multifamily all-electric buildings. Join us for this presentation where we review not only the all-electric preparation requirements of the Energy Code, but also PV exemptions. We will also explore preparation for future all-electric buildings in the Energy Code requirements for HVAC systems, domestic hot water and battery storage.
- Cite the date when 2022 Energy Code requirements will go into effect
- Describe how 2019 multifamily occupancy classifications have been reorganized in 2022 Energy Code along with their corresponding code sections
- Discuss updates to 2022 Prescriptive HVAC and domestic hot water requirements related to preparation for future multifamily all-electric buildings
- Recognize when solar photovoltaic and battery systems are required in multifamily buildings
- Identify online resources for more guidance on these topics
Gina Rodda is currently the Principal/Owner of Gabel Associates, LLC in Castro Valley, California, and has been in the energy modeling field since 1991. Gina is the instructor of several dozen full day Energy Code Ace trainings on the Residential and Nonresidential Title 24, Part 6 Building Energy Efficiency Standards for building department staff, energy consultants, engineers, and architects.
She is also a Certified Energy Analyst (CEA), LEED Accredited Professional (AP) and Title 24 energy analyst performing a wide range of responsibilities in both residential and nonresidential construction pertaining to compliance standards and energy modeling and is a respected subject matter expert informing the statewide code development process.
A partner program with