COTE Presents: Demyth-difying Heat Pumps for New Construction
October 6, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
1.5 LU/HSW with SCE and Nick Brown of BuildSmart
Registration links below
Heat Pumps have a compelling value proposition and set of features for new construction in Southern California. But myths persist in the industry that get in the way of specifying heat pumps in new homes. This class will present new research on the economics of heat pumps and update the industry on today’s heat pump technology, challenging the myths and facilitating more widespread adoption of heat pumps. The 2019 update to the Title 24 energy code also supports the use of heat pumps, and the compliance modeling impact of heat pumps will be presented.
- First costs of heat pumps for new construction are lower than split systems.
- Operating costs of heat pumps are lower than split systems, especially using SCE’s TOU-PRIME electric rates.
- Various configurations of heat pumps, including central, ductless, and ducted.
- Technical features of heat pumps.
- How 2019 Title 24 offers compliance credit for heat pumps.
- California’s decarbonization goals and how heat pumps help achieve them.
This webinar will be presented via Skype. Log-in link will be included in the registration confirmation and reminder emails