Meet David A. Santana, AIA, LEED AP, who has been an AIA Long Beach / South Bay Chapter member for over 12 years! He graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a Bachelor of Science, Architecture, and a Bachelor of Architecture, respectively. After graduation, he was hired by Jon Jerde Architects to assist with design tasks for the UCLA Venue for the 1984 Los Angeles International Olympics. Subsequently, he refined his architectural skills working for various firms including Architects Orange and W. Wayne Collins.
dSantana Arquitectura was established in 1990, and provided traditional architectural design and project management services. However, in 1992, the studio was commissioned by Los Angeles County to provide various construction management services including design management, project scheduling, cost estimating, as well as, design services for temporary health centers after the 1994 Northridge earthquake. As a result, the firm’s capabilities and services transitioned from traditional architectural services to include construction management for various Public Sector agencies.
For nearly four decades, David has programmed, managed and designed, various unique projects for both the Private and Public sectors. Some career highlights include:
• Participation in the UCLA venue for the 1984 Los Angeles International Olympics
• Participation in the LA County $1.0 billion Health Services 1992 Improvement Program
• Design and Construction Manager for the Hollywood Bowl renovation
• Design and Construction Manager for the City of Long Beach Public Safety Building
• Program Manager for Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) Local District G
• Senior Design Manager for LAUSD $12.5 billion New Schools Construction Program
• Design firm for Union Rescue Mission – Angeles House
Recent project highlights include:
• Design firm for the City of Lynwood – Caltrans Lease Agreement Master plan
• Design firm for the City of Lynwood – Burke Ham Park Renovation
• Design firm for Marin City Community Services District – Center for Community Life
• Whittier ADU and Dempsey ADU