ORGANIZATION: City Fabrick https://www.cityfabrick.org/
LOCATION: Long Beach, California
POSITION DESCRIPTION: In collaboration with the principal and Directors, the Operations Manager (Operator) will support the growth and maturation of City Fabrick by centralizing and standardizing administrative functions, providing consistent, thoughtful attention. Amongst a team of passionate innovators supporting our communities and partners, the Operator would provide the same excitement and ingenuity on behalf of the organization. Principal work includes directly managing functions of accounting, and contracting, as well as studio and team resources, though responsibilities can evolve and expand based on their interests and expertise as they and the organization grow.
The Operator’s core function will be to make our work and operations deliberate, consistent, and impactful. The Operator will be thoughtful when developing integrating systems, organized in their application, and collaborative when engaging our team and partners. The Operator will collaborate with the principal to internalize accounting functions, transitioning those responsibilities from a contract bookkeeper, using the opportunity to integrate finances with contract management.
The Operator will support Directors to develop consistency and efficiency across contracts for different disciplines, project typologies, and partners. This will include preparing and managing multiple contracts through negotiation, delivery, and evaluation to ensure effective and equitable relationships and results. The Operator should balance being assertive with grace when engaging our team and partners related to finances and contracting.
The Operator is not a scheduler, not a note taker, not a receptionist or personal assistant. This position is intended to be a thought and implementing partner for ensuring the health of the organization and our team, to ensure that our essential work is sustainable. They will support the office with management of resources to ensure we have a healthy, well-functioning, collaborative workspace. The Operator should be self-motivated, thoughtful, organized, and most importantly kind.
- Manage client, consultant, grant, co-grantee, and coalition contracts.
- Coordinate financing and accounts receivable and payable.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for Principal/Executive Director, quarterly reports for Board of Directors and annual statements for taxes (by others) and impact report.
- Process employee payroll
- Client, partner, and contact management for communications, development, fundraising, and general engagement.
- Project onboarding, tracking, and accounting based on contract terms.
- Support and maintain clear records and communications.
- Participation in one or more staff committees to support operations and programs.
- A college degree and/or equivalent professional experience working in operations or management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a design, planning, communications, architecture, landscape architecture, or nonprofit organization performing duties like those described above. Position title and level of responsibility will be determined by experience level.
- Experience with bookkeeping including accounts receivable and payable.
- Experience with contract management, including writing, negotiating, tracking, and closing.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to work concurrently on multiple, different tasks and projects, in a variety of roles.
- High degree of personal motivation. Self-initiating with the ability to solve problems independently or as part of a team.
- Adept at communicating with partners, public, clients, consultants, agencies, and colleagues.
- Fluency in a second language [specifically Spanish, Khmer, Tagalog, or ASL] is preferred though not required.
- Proficient with the latest versions of Quickbooks and Microsoft/Google Office Suite [Word and Excel]. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite [Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign] is a bonus though not required. Knowledge of BQE Core would be amazing!
- Solid editorial ability for technical and creative writing.
- We are a dog friendly office, so you can bring yours or just enjoy your coworkers’ puppy.
- Ability to work remotely and in-person on a full-time basis.
Salary would be $65-95,0000, negotiated based on experience, expertise, and skillsets.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter as PDF files or website to email@example.com.