Firm Name: Kelly Sutherlin McLeod Architecture Firm Website: https://www.ksmarchitecture.com/
Job Location: Long Beach, CA
Job Description: Kelly Sutherlin McLeod Architecture, Inc. (KSMA) is an award-winning firm with a commitment to architectural integrity and innovative design. Combining an intrinsic architectural design aesthetic for preserving and restoring historically significant buildings with design innovation for residential, light commercial, civic, urban planning, and interior projects for public and private clientele, KSMA has earned a reputation for excellence. Established in 1988 and headquartered in a historic landmark building in Long Beach, California, the company is founded on the design principles developed over the past 35 years by Kelly Sutherlin McLeod, FAIA. KSMA’s restoration, preservation, and rehabilitation projects include many of the most important 20th-century masterworks in southern California, including works by Greene and Greene, RM Schindler, Richard Neutra, and Edward Killingsworth.
KSMA offers an engaging and collaborative environment with a focus on our team’s growth, professional interests, and career advancement. The firm’s modest size offers vast opportunities for project involvement during all phases of our exciting and diverse projects. KSMA offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
KSMA is looking for a Production Coordinator to join the KSMA team—a minimum of 8+ years of experience in the production development of construction documents. The Production Coordinator will work under the direction of the Principal and Project Managers and assist in developing and producing technical documents and architectural drawings during all phases of the project—knowledge of general construction practices. The Project Coordinator will be required to navigate multiple projects, meet assigned deadlines, and communicate proactively between project team members. KSMA team members are positioned to contribute to the firm’s productive, innovative, and collaborative work environment.
The requirements of this position include:
• A professional degree in Architecture or equivalent experience.
• Significant experience in custom-designed architectural projects, renovation, and light commercial construction
• Ability to develop and coordinate all phases of architectural and construction documents.
• Excellent communicator and collaborative team player.
• Excellent AutoCAD and 2-dimensional drawing experience. Revit, Rhino, Sketchup, and/or Enscape experience preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of the US Building Code requirements/regulations for local, state, and authorities having jurisdiction.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to take the initiative required for ongoing project development.
• Historic preservation experience is a plus, but not mandatory.
Full-time position based out of our Long Beach, CA office.
What we offer:
• Work schedule: Monday -Thursday (office closed on Friday)
• 10-hour workdays with 1 hour lunch break
• Direct deposit paycheck available
• 401K program available
• Health Insurance benefits available
• Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
COMPENSATION: Salary negotiated based on experience, expertise, and skillsets.
Contact Information: Leticia Mimila – Leticia@ksmarchitecture.com