Accepting photo submissions through July 31, 2022
A Biennial Program that Celebrates the Built Environment Through the Art of Photography
Awards will be rendered to the entrant of each of the winning photos in the Exterior Category and the Interior Category as determined by the Jury. An award will also be rendered to the entrant of the winning photo in the People’s Choice Category.
Condition of Entry
- Photos must be submitted under the Exterior Category or the Interior Category
- All photos submitted will automatically be considered for the People’s Choice Award
- 5 MB max file size*
- Only photos of the built environment will be considered**
- Photographic interpretation will be judged by the Jury, not the architecture
- Photos must be taken and owned by the entrant
- Entrants grant reproduction rights and permissions to AIA Long Beach/South Bay to use all photos submitted for marketing and promotional purposes in relation to this and future Architectural Photography Competitions
- $25 AIA Members
- $10 Students
- $35 All Other Entrants
- Entrants may submit more than one photo – separate submission and additional fee applies
*Winners must provide a high-resolution copy acceptable for printing.
**AIA LBSB Architectural Photography Committee reserves the right to eliminate photos from the contest deemed inappropriate or whose subject matter is not in the spirit of the Architectural Photography Competition. No refunds.
The winning photographs will be announced in mid-August.
AIA LBSB utilizes an online portal with Submittable for our photography program. Submitters will be required to create an account. Once you create an account you may submit.
Meet the 2023 Jury
Thank you to our program sponsor!
WORRY-FREE AS-BUILTS SURVEYS.
NATIONWIDE, EXPERTISE YOU CAN TRUST.
2020 Winning Photographs
Exterior Category Winner: Alex Coleman
Interior Category Winner: Alex Coleman
The winning photo of the People’s Choice Award:
Mariana Amezcua, Assoc. AIA