AIA Member benefits differ slightly based on your specific designation. What remains consistent across all designations is that membership provides you with the opportunity to experience and access the SUPPORT, KNOWLEDGE, and RESOURCES of your professional association. Below we highlight some benefits of AIA Membership. Explore all of the details on the AIA Member Benefits page for more details.
- AIA Contract Documents: Choose from 180+ industry standard construction contracts and forms.
- AIA Trust protection through professional liability, term life, and other insurance coverage.
- AIA Career Center, the premier electronic recruitment resource where you can post opportunities at a discount or find opportunities for free.
- AIA Advantage Discounts on products and services such as shipping, credit cards, technology, and more.
- Business Tools, such as best practices, to help you manage your business more effectively.
- Access a range of expertise through a peer network of more than 83,000 colleagues.
- Attend events, activities, and network through your state and local AIA components—demonstrate leadership skills and raise the visibility of the profession in your community.
- Signify that as an AIA member you adhere to a professional code of ethics and share a common goal to build better a better world for all people.
- Public policies through a Government Advocacy legislative agenda that help create a more favorable environment in which to pursue your practice and career goals.
- AIA Contract Documents, the most widely accepted standard form documents in the industry, prepared by the AIA in collaboration with owners, contractors, attorneys, architects, and engineers, to help you conduct construction-based business efficiently and effectively; available to members at a discount.
- Continuing education through CES Discovery keeps you on track with thousands of education courses through hundreds of approved education providers. Plus, on-demand access to your transcript.
- More than 20 Knowledge Communities, professional interest groups, that enable you to build a peer network of colleagues who share your interests and practice specializations.
- AIA KnowledgeNet gives you access to collective knowledge of thousands of members; a space to conduct discussions, find best practices, and get to know other design professionals.
- Subscriptions to AIArchitect e-newsletter covering news, tips and trends; and ARCHITECT, the official magazine of the AIA; plus digital editions of residential architect, EcoHome, and EcoStructure.